YUI 2.3.0 -- big thanks to YDN-JavaScript members

  • georgiann puckett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 5:07 PM
      Hello YUI Community Members,

      The YUI 2.3.0 release has just been posted to Source Forge and is now available for use in your development.  We would like to take a brief moment at this time to thank all of the community members who not only make use of our components, but have also taken the time to send us feature requests and bug reports.  It is your feedback that helps us improve the usefulness and quality of the YUI library.  The attached list shows a summary of all of the Source Forge bugs that have been fixed in the YUI 2.3.0 release.  As a result of your input, YUI 2.3.0 is over 130 fixes better!  Special thanks to Satyam and Ted Husted for leading the pack in feedback.  Thanks also to all of you who have taken the time to test drive and submit feedback on our 2.3.0 release candidate.  We've been able to address a large portion of the issues found as a result of your timely feedback.

      Check out the YUI Blog for an overview of the 2.3.0 release.  We look forward to hearing your feedback as you integrate the software update.  ydn-javascript@ continues to be the preferred forum for general comments or questions.  If you find a bug, please log the details and sample code in the YUI bug tracker on Source Forge.

      Best regards
      - george puckett
      YUI program manager
      (on behalf of the YUI team)

    • Caridy Patiño Mayea
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 11:20 PM
        I'm testing the new release... and I found something really distorting...

        The incompatibility between the container.css and the Menu component.

        Put this line in one of the menu examples:
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
        href="../../build/container/assets/container.css">

        all the menus will be invisibles, including the menubar.

        and the problem is here:

        .yui-overlay,
        .yui-panel-container {
        visibility:hidden; // <-- here is the problem
        position:absolute;
        z-index: 1;
        }

        the new menu control apply the yui-overlay to each menu or menubar,
        with cause a misbehavior comparing with the previous version of the YUI.

        Best Regards,
        Caridy Patiño
        http://www.bubbling-library.com/

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, georgiann puckett
        <gpuckett@...> wrote:

        > Hello YUI Community Members,
        >
        > The YUI 2.3.0 release has just been posted to Source Forge
        > <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/download/> and is now available for use
        > in your development. We would like to take a brief moment at this time
        > to thank all of the community members who not only make use of our
        > components, but have also taken the time to send us feature requests
        and
        > bug reports. It is your feedback that helps us improve the usefulness
        > and quality of the YUI library. The attached list shows a summary of
        > all of the Source Forge bugs that have been fixed in the YUI 2.3.0
        > release. As a result of your input, YUI 2.3.0 is over 130 fixes
        > better! Special thanks to Satyam and Ted Husted for leading the
        pack in
        > feedback. Thanks also to all of you who have taken the time to test
        > drive and submit feedback on our 2.3.0 release candidate. We've been
        > able to address a large portion of the issues found as a result of your
        > timely feedback.
        >
        > Check out the YUI Blog
        > <http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/07/31/yui-2-3-0-released/> for an
        overview
        > of the 2.3.0 release. We look forward to hearing your feedback as you
        > integrate the software update. ydn-javascript@ continues to be the
        > preferred forum for general comments or questions. If you find a bug,
        > please log the details and sample code in the YUI bug tracker on Source
        > Forge <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=165715&atid=836476>.
        >
        > Best regards
        > - george puckett
        > YUI program manager
        > (on behalf of the YUI team)

      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 11:25 PM
          Caridy,

          If you could file a full bug report, that would be very helpful in this case as we troubleshoot.  It's going to be important to give us a link to a page that's misbehaving so we can look at the specific CSS interaction.

          Note that we've moved to a different model with our "default" CSS -- so the old CSS for Container that you're pointing to, though still functional, has been superseded by a new CSS skin:

          Look forward to seeing the entry in SourceForge; we'll look into that immediately.

          Regards,
          Eric

          Eric Miraglia
          Yahoo! User Interface Library