Opera reloads page even with href="#"

  • fstoflegend
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      I have a link that has a href="#". I've added a event listener on
      that link.

      In IE and FireFox, there is no problem, but in Opera, the link
      actually reloads the page, such that the event happens, but then the
      page is reloaded.

      Does anyone have a workaround other than using buttons instead of links?

      Thanks.
    • fstoflegend
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "fstoflegend" <arthurchang@...>
        wrote:

        > I have a link that has a href="#". I've added a event listener on
        > that link.
        >
        > In IE and FireFox, there is no problem, but in Opera, the link
        > actually reloads the page, such that the event happens, but then the
        > page is reloaded.
        >
        > Does anyone have a workaround other than using buttons instead of links?
        >
        > Thanks.

        please help! thanks so much!