Extra div in DOM Inspector

  • mikebroadbear10
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      Since I was unsuccessful with the XHR DataSource method of populating
      a table, I am trying to work around it by using a Connection object,
      and attaching the responseText to a div in the page. This works ok for
      the data, but sorting and selection functionality fails after the new
      data is attached to the div.

      I have looked at the http response and copy-pasted the body text into
      the page. The data populates and sorting and selection work fine when
      the text is static markup in the page.

      I have looked in the eclipse DOM inspector, and found that when the
      text is statically attached to the div in the page, there is an extra
      TBODY that appears in the DOM tree. The first is a plain
      TBODY->TR->TD, the second is
      TBODY->TR[yui-dt1-bdrow0]->TD[yui-dt1-dbrow0-cell0].

      The dynamically inserted table only shows one TBODY node in the DOM
      tree, and the TRs and TDs are plain, ex. TBODY->TR->TD.

      Why does the second TBODY node only appear when the table is present
      when the page is loaded, and why does its absence influence sort and
      select functionality?

      And how do I fix it?

      ...Mike