Re: DataTable

  • mikebroadbear10
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
      working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
      etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
      am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
      This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.

      ...Mike

      > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
      connection
      > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until a
      reply
      > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have FireFox
      > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
      request
      > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
      line with
      > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source of the
      > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting or
      extra
      > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these happened
      to me
      > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
      what I
      > would try.
      >
      > Satyam

      30/07/2007
      > > 17:02

    • mikebroadbear10
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
        object:

        Could not find a valid Connection Manager.

        I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
        might look, it would be much appreciated.

        My code looks like this:

        var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
        [servlet]");
        destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
        destDataSource.responseSchema = {
        resultNode: "destination",
        fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
        };

        The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.

        ...Mike

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
        <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

        > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
        > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
        > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
        > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
        > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
        >
        > ...Mike
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
        > connection
        > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
        > reply
        > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
        FireFox
        > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
        > request
        > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
        > line with
        > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
        of the
        > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
        or
        > extra
        > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
        happened
        > to me
        > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
        > what I
        > > would try.
        > >
        > > Satyam

      • jennykhan
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hi Mike,

          That message seems to indicate a missing Connection Manager
          dependency. Are you referencing the right file, and are you
          referencing it before the DataSource file?

          Jenny

          <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

          > I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
          > object:
          >
          > Could not find a valid Connection Manager.
          >
          > I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
          > might look, it would be much appreciated.
          >
          > My code looks like this:
          >
          > var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
          > [servlet]");
          > destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
          > destDataSource.responseSchema = {
          > resultNode: "destination",
          > fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
          > };
          >
          > The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.
          >
          > ...Mike
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
          > <mikebroadbear10@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
          > > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
          > > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
          > > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
          > > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
          > >
          > > ...Mike
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
          > > connection
          > > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
          > > reply
          > > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
          > FireFox
          > > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
          > > request
          > > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
          > > line with
          > > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
          > of the
          > > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
          > or
          > > extra
          > > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
          > happened
          > > to me
          > > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
          > > what I
          > > > would try.
          > > >
          > > > Satyam

        • erolunala
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
            Looking at the the Custom Cell Formatting example I wondered if it
            would be possible to use the checkboxes eg. for a function that sends
            an email to all selected people or export the selected rows in some
            form (csv). How could things like that be achieved? Thanks for you
            Feedback ;-)
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
              on the use of checkboxes, see:

              http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2

              there is a section on checkboxes and radio buttons