Multiple History items question

  • David Runion
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi Julien et all,
      Since RC1 of the new history framework I've been doing pretty well
      with implementation, but one thing I can't understand is why, when
      there are multiple items registered into history, one navigate event
      causes the initial state of the other registered items to show up in
      the hash.

      The specifics are on lines 607-620 of the new history-beta.js;
      Inside of multiNavigate, the hash value (fqstate) is generated from
      each moduleName in _modules, or, each registered history item.

      I would like the ability to prevent a module from being added to the
      currentStates array if it's currentState is equivalent to it's initial
      state, so that if the module is in it's original state, the module is
      not added to the hash.

      If I'm not mistaken this should be doable and I doubt would cause any
      problems for existing implementations.

      I suppose I'll make a feature request.

      This isn't a dealbreaker for my application, but I'm estimating that
      when I'm done I will have 4-8 registered history items. This causes
      the URL to get pretty long!

      This example shows the behavior as described (history revision 2.2.2):
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/history/multi/solution.html