IE dosn't recognize javascript in tab

  • yaseminavcular
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hello,
      I'm loading a tab with a jsp page which includes some js functions.
      function showTab(req){
                  var newTab = new YAHOO.widget.Tab( {cacheData: true,  content: req.responseText,  active: true});
      req.response returns something like :
          <head>
              <title>Struts Form</title>
              <script type="text/javascript">
                  alert("inbound")
              </script>
          </head>

              <script type="text/javascript">
                  alert("2")
              </script>
              <script>
                  alert(4);
              </script>

      My page loads fine into tab and evaluates <script> tags -I get the alerts- in firefox. However when I try to run it in IE the page still loads the html part however it doesn't recognize  the alerts in the code. How can I solve this problem ?

    • Caridy Patiño Mayea
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
        Hi again,

        That's why you need to use the dispatcher plugin ;-)

        Best Regards
        Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
        http://bubbling.comarq.com/

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "yaseminavcular"

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
          Okey :)
          Then I listen your suggestion and used dispatcher, this time it worked
          fine in FF:) But I still have the same js problem, scripts don't get
          recognized in IE. in main page I add the tab with dispatcher as follows:

          YAHOO.util.Dispatcher.delegate (new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
          label: 'Main',
          dataSrc: 'InboundMessage.do?method=query',
          cacheData: true, /* only load once */
          active: true
          }), tabView);

          'InboundMessage.do?method=query' returns a jsp page which includes
          basic html buttons and according onclick function definitions in head
          of the page in between <script> tags.
          What can I do for this IE problem?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Caridy Patiño Mayea

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
            Could you please publishing an example, and I'll check it out.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
              Unfortunately I'm working from home now and I can't publish from home.
              For now I could send the code.
              Do you have any suggestion for this browser problem? Because
              everything is good with firefox, but IE doesn't recognize js..

              MAIN PAGE CODE

              YAHOO.example.init = function( ){
              tabView = new YAHOO.widget.TabView( { id: 'demo' } );

              panel_main.setBody("");

              YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady('middlePanelBody', function() {
              tabView.appendTo(this); /* append to #middlePanelBody */
              });
              };

              function tabAdd(url){
              var myAjax = new Ajax.Request(
              url,
              {
              method:'post',
              parameters:'',
              onSuccess: showTab,
              onFailure: function(request){alert("error opening new tab");}
              });
              }

              function showTab(req){

              YAHOO.util.Dispatcher.delegate (new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
              label: 'inbound message',
              dataSrc: 'InboundMessage.do?method=query',
              cacheData: false, /* only load once */
              active: true
              }), tabView);

              }

              THE PAGE RETURNS FROM 'InboundMessage.do?method=query'

              <%@ page language="java" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
              <%@ taglib uri="/taglib/struts-html" prefix="html"%>
              <%@ taglib uri="/taglib/struts-bean" prefix="bean"%>

              <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
              "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

              <head>
              <title>Struts Form</title>

              <script type="text/javascript">

              tabName = "<%=request.getAttribute("tabName")%>";

              /******************************List**************************************/
              function list(){
              var url = 'InboundMessage.do?method=list'
              var myAjax = new Ajax.Request(
              url,
              {
              method: 'post',
              parameters: '',
              onComplete: showList,
              onFailure:function(request) { alert("error in list"); }
              });

              }
              function showList(req){
              tabView.get('activeTab').set('content', req.responseText)}
              /******************************List**************************************/

              function list(){
              alert("yasemin");
              }
              </script>

              </head>
              <input type="hidden" name="method" value="save" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.firstName" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.lastName" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.age" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.origin" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.email1" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.email2" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.phoneNumber" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.sexMale" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.sexFemale" />
              property="grade">
              <bean:message key="myForm.01" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.02" />
              <bean:message key="myForm.03" />
              <input type="checkbox" name="sure" /> <bean:message
              key="myForm.imSure" /></p>

              onclick="list();" >
              <bean:message key="myForm.list" />

              onclick="j()" >