Re: 2.3 release candidate 1 looks great!

  • Satyendra Kumar A V
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      Yes! It looks better than the previous versions. Looking forward to
      more improvements.

      Thanks!

      > I just finished moving the application I had running on YUI 2.2.1
      to 2.3 and
      > it works great. The main class I use is Datatable and I find it
      greatly
      > improved (actually I use menu, panel, tabview and several others,
      which have
      > not changed so much in this release and I didn't need to touch
      anything).

      > My code has benefited from many of those improvements. Functions
      behave
      > more consistently and accept more options, there are more events to
      hook
      > into, methods are split into several functions so that if you have
      > redefine a behavior in one little piece you can just redefine a
      little piece
      > of it. Inline editing has improved with several more options,
      including the
      > calendar for date editing. And I didn't even use pagination yet
      (none of my
      > datasets are so large yet), which looks far better than it used to.
      >
      > Of course it has bugs pending (after all, it is a release candidate
      of a
      > beta) I found some myself and reported them to SourceForge, as I
      told Caridy
      > recently, that's the way we users can help (them and ourselves in
      the end).

      > Next step: the YUI editor, lets see how it works. I was about to
      decide in
      > between tinyMCE and fckEditor so the YUI editor turned out an
      unexpected and
      > quite timely addition.
      >
      > I'm pretty excited about all these. Great job, guys, thanks
      >
      > Satyam

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
        Satyam,

        Thanks for the kind words.

        Jenny Donnelly has been hard at work on DataTable, thanks in large part to your feedback and that of others here on YDN-JavaScript.  And Dav Glass has done something special with the Rich Text Editor; it's an initial beta release at this point, but we're really excited about that project as well.

        Lots of work left to do, in all phases, but it's good to hear that you had good results with the RC.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        On Jul 31, 2007, at 1:02 AM, Satyam wrote:

        I just finished moving the application I had running on YUI 2.2.1 to 2.3 and
        it works great. The main class I use is Datatable and I find it greatly
        improved (actually I use menu, panel, tabview and several others, which have
        not changed so much in this release and I didn't need to touch anything).

        My code has benefited from many of those improvements. Functions behave
        more consistently and accept more options, there are more events to hook
        into, methods are split into several functions so that if you have to