2.3 release candidate 1 looks great!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      I just finished moving the application I had running on YUI 2.2.1 to 2.3 and
      it works great. The main class I use is Datatable and I find it greatly
      improved (actually I use menu, panel, tabview and several others, which have
      not changed so much in this release and I didn't need to touch anything).

      My code has benefited from many of those improvements. Functions behave
      more consistently and accept more options, there are more events to hook
      into, methods are split into several functions so that if you have to
      redefine a behavior in one little piece you can just redefine a little piece
      of it. Inline editing has improved with several more options, including the
      calendar for date editing. And I didn't even use pagination yet (none of my
      datasets are so large yet), which looks far better than it used to.

      Of course it has bugs pending (after all, it is a release candidate of a
      beta) I found some myself and reported them to SourceForge, as I told Caridy
      recently, that's the way we users can help (them and ourselves in the end).

      Next step: the YUI editor, lets see how it works. I was about to decide in
      between tinyMCE and fckEditor so the YUI editor turned out an unexpected and
      quite timely addition.

      I'm pretty excited about all these. Great job, guys, thanks

      Satyam
    • Satyendra Kumar A V
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
        Yes! It looks better than the previous versions. Looking forward to
        more improvements.

        Thanks!

        > I just finished moving the application I had running on YUI 2.2.1
        to 2.3 and
        > it works great. The main class I use is Datatable and I find it
        greatly
        > improved (actually I use menu, panel, tabview and several others,
        which have
        > not changed so much in this release and I didn't need to touch
        anything).

        > My code has benefited from many of those improvements. Functions
        behave
        > more consistently and accept more options, there are more events to
        hook
        > into, methods are split into several functions so that if you have
        > redefine a behavior in one little piece you can just redefine a
        little piece
        > of it. Inline editing has improved with several more options,
        including the
        > calendar for date editing. And I didn't even use pagination yet
        (none of my
        > datasets are so large yet), which looks far better than it used to.
        >
        > Of course it has bugs pending (after all, it is a release candidate
        of a
        > beta) I found some myself and reported them to SourceForge, as I
        told Caridy
        > recently, that's the way we users can help (them and ourselves in
        the end).

        > Next step: the YUI editor, lets see how it works. I was about to
        decide in
        > between tinyMCE and fckEditor so the YUI editor turned out an
        unexpected and
        > quite timely addition.
        >
        > I'm pretty excited about all these. Great job, guys, thanks
        >
        > Satyam

      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
          Satyam,

          Thanks for the kind words.

          Jenny Donnelly has been hard at work on DataTable, thanks in large part to your feedback and that of others here on YDN-JavaScript.  And Dav Glass has done something special with the Rich Text Editor; it's an initial beta release at this point, but we're really excited about that project as well.

          Lots of work left to do, in all phases, but it's good to hear that you had good results with the RC.

          Regards,
          Eric

          Eric Miraglia
          Yahoo! User Interface Library