Menu._setWidth() needs to check for oElement.parentNode being null

  • ishmalius
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29 8:12 PM
      If a person is connecting a menu to something that hasn't been
      attached to the tree yet (such as a dynamically-built ContextMenu), it
      can sometimes happen that the anchor does not have a parent node yet.
      In 2.3.0 rc1, menu.js line 2190 needs to check it:

      Change

      if (oElement.parentNode.tagName.toUpperCase() == "BODY") {

      if (oElement.parentNode &&
      oElement.parentNode.tagName.toUpperCase() == "BODY") {

      This doesn't seem to have any side effects.

      bob (ishmal)
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        Bob -

        Thanks for uncovering this issue. From your email it seems like this
        isn't consistently reproducible, as you indicate that this can
        "sometimes happen." If you can create a reproducible test case for this
        problem, please file a bug via SourceForge so that I can address this
        issue in a future version of YUI.

        Thanks so much.

        - Todd