YUI Grids yui-t5 secondary block behaviour

  • michael.aram
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2007
      When I use the standard yui-t5 grid layout (i.e. navigation bar on the
      right side), the secondary block (which contains the navigation)
      "drops" below the main block (on resizing the window) under IE5 ,
      IE5.5 and IE6.

      Also the grid-units behave like this, when there are forms or images
      inside the other gridunits.

      please have a look at http://lichtnetz.webseitn.at/ (and the few
      subpages there) to see, what I mean.

      my customer wants the layout to be robust, as it is under IE7,
      Mozilla, Safari, ...

      what is the best solution to accomplish that? tables? :-)
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hey michael.aram,

        I'm not able to reproduce your issue, and YUI Grids are as robust on IE6 as on any other browser. If you've uncovered a bug, I'd like to get to the bottom of it. If you've created an implementation issue, I'm happy to help you work through it.

        Are you able to reproduce the issue on the official t5 example page?

        What's probably happening in your case is that you have long unbroken strings of text (or other oversized elements) that IE6 (and lower) are clearing. You can see an example of that problem, and a potential fix using overflow:hidden (though forced-hyphenation on the server site might be better) at these two urls.

        Thanks,
        Nate