Datatable formatter

  • brad_balmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2007
      For a column I want to add show a checkbox but use the id value of the
      current data column but the value of another data column.

      How can I gain access to other column data in the existing row?

      var checkBoxFormatter = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
      var id = oData;
      var cbId = 'checkbox-'+id;
      var cbValue = "HERE IS WHERE I NEED THE order value
      elCell.innerHTML = "<input type='checkbox' id='"+cbId+"'
      name='"+cbId+"' value='"+cbValue+"'/>";

      }

      Thanks

      Again, how can I get the order value when I'm formatting the id column?
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hi there,

        As of the 2.3.0 release, you should be able to access other data
        fields in your formatter function with something like this:

        var cbValue = oRecord.getData("order");

        IIRC, pre-2.3.0 implementations would need to use something like this:

        var cbValue = oRecord.order;

        Hope that helps,
        Jenny