YUI 2.3.0 RC1 — request for feedback/poll

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2007
      We posted a poll a few minutes ago to ensure that we're tracking your feedback on YUI 2.3.0 Release Candidate 1 in every way possible.

      Just a few reminders:

      1.  YUI 2.3.0 RC1 contains feedback across the full library in addition to 6 new components.
      2.  We are asking everyone (yourself included) to download YUI 2.3.0 RC1, drop it into your existing project sandbox, and let us know what problems (if any) you find.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2007
        Are people finding that the yahoo datatable hits a js request timeout
        warning with a large number of rows?

        I got it with FireFox set at 10 seconds and a 8 columns and a 1000 rows.

        How can we best code for this bottleneck?

        Advertisement: Win a trip to see Amy Winehouse perform live in the UK!
        http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=804&referral=HOTMAILTAGLINE&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/compIntro.aspx?compId=2422
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
          I've finally had some time to put RC1 through some testing and
          incorporate it into my development environment. While I had some
          problems with some of the changes to the beta items (most specifically
          Datatable), that is to be expected. I really like the improvements that
          were made to everything as they will be easier to work with going
          forward. Overall, I really like the new version - most especially the
          skins.

          Being a novice at JavaScript and CSS probably causes me to that longer
          that I would like to understand everything but that is my problem.
          Overall I am really impressed with YUI and have to say that RC1 is a
          major step forward in the product.

          Thanks to the YUI team - next time you are in Denver I'd be happy to
          buy you a round.
        • Eric Miraglia