Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: menubar questions

  • Joe D'Agostino
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2007
      Still can't figure those 2 problems out, if anyone else has any suggestions they'd be much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Joe

      On Jul 7, 2007, at 6:36 PM, GlenMazza wrote:

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "joedag32" <jdagosti@...> wrote:

      > Hi I have 2 menubar questions, that hopefully someone can help me
      out with:

      > 1. How can I make the last group of menubar items align to the
      right of the menubar, not
      > the left like the other links?

      I don't know, but even if you could do that, I don't think it would
      look very good. I'm hardly a YUI expert, but I believe the usual
      style is to leave (more than) enough of a right-hand margin on your
      menu bar to accomodate the width of the box drop-down of the
      right-most menu bar item.

      > 2. Also when the page loads you can usually see the unrendered menu
      for a couple of
      > seconds, any idea how to make that not show up like that for a few
      seconds?

      I'm not seeing the problem on Firefox. Is it just IE you're getting
      this issue? If so, you can test something for me: Googlepages, as
      the last item before the closing </head> of the html here (select

      http://glen.mazza.googlepages.com/home

      Puts in this empty script:

      <!-- Hack to avoid flash of unstyled content in IE -->
      <script> </script>

      I'm not sure if this really works--would you check to see if this
      fixes your problem and let us know?

      Thanks,
      Glen