Re: OT: Yahoo ID problem

  • GlenMazza
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2007
      Probably because they sent the help email to your Yahoo! email
      account, which you can't get into anyway. How about creating a new
      (temporary, throw-away) Yahoo! Mail account, and contacting customer
      care from *there* in order to get help on your real Yahoo account?
      Maybe that will work.

      Glen

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Foti" <foti-1@...> wrote:

      > Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I've already tried that customer care
      button... and I've yet to receive any "care". Not even a reply. As a
      long time Yahoo fan (especially the YUI), I'm a little disheartened by
      the total lack of customer service. :-(

      > Peter

    • Peter Foti
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2007
        Doubtful, since the Customer Care form asks for an email address.  :-/

        Peter

        Probably because they sent the help email to your Yahoo! email
        account, which you can't get into anyway. How about creating a new
        (temporary, throw-away) Yahoo! Mail account, and contacting customer
        care from *there* in order to get help on your real Yahoo account?
        Maybe that will work.

        Glen

        --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "Peter Foti" <foti-1@...> wrote:

        > Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I've already tried that customer care
        button... and I've yet to receive any "care". Not even a reply. As a
        long time Yahoo fan (especially the YUI), I'm a little disheartened by
        the total lack of customer service. :-(

        > Peter

      • GlenMazza
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2007
          ?!? I don't see the problem.

          1.) Create a new Yahoo! Mail account.
          2.) Log into it.
          3.) After logging in, select the help button on the top-right of the
          screen.
          4.) Select "Contact Us" from the lower right.
          5.) Select "Contact Customer Care" again.
          6.) Select "Yahoo! Mail Errors and Problems Form"
          7.) Type away your problem to your heart's content. Give them a
          working email address to contact you.

        • Peter Foti
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2007
            The problem is that no one will contact me (the form asks for an email address, and I've given it).  It's also worth noting that my current email address is the alternative email address associated with the Yahoo ID.  I suppose I could go through the hassle of creating a new Yahoo ID with the intention of only using it as a means to contact Yahoo, but I really don't think I'll have any more luck with that approach since the form asks for the email address.

            Peter

            3.) After logging in, select the help button on the top-right of the
            screen.
            4.) Select "Contact Us" from the lower right.
            5.) Select "Contact Customer Care" again.
            6.) Select "Yahoo! Mail Errors and Problems Form"
            7.) Type away your problem to your heart's content. Give them a
            working email address to contact you.

            Glen

            --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "Peter Foti" <foti-1@...> wrote:

            > Doubtful, since the Customer Care form asks for an email address. :-/
            >
            > Peter

          • alexshusta
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2007
              Hi Peter,

              Did you try http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/id_password/edit-20.html ?

              It's not the same as the Yahoo Email help page, this is specifically for account access help. You verify your identity by providing a credit card that you've used with Yahoo! in the past, or verifying personal information like your zip code.

              Good luck,
              ~Alexander

            • Peter Foti
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8, 2007
                Hi Alexander,

                Yes, I have tried that form as well.  Unfortunately, I've never used a credit card with Yahoo! and none of the values that I would have used for the birthday/zip seem to work.

                Thanks anyway,
                Peter