Re: Calendar: Init Select Fields

  • GlenMazza
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aileensteve" <aagricol@...> wrote:

      > my apologies for being a newbie with YUI.
      >
      > I have implemented the calendar with two sets of select fields. For
      > some reason upon page initialization, the fields are being to
      > defaulted to Jun 6. I'm dunno where this is being set.
      >
      > code is located on:
      >
      > http://ih.napc.com/RGdev/lib/filter.php
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

      I think you can do a little bit more detective work to try to zero in
      on the problem. You are manipulating the edit field values in
      handleSelect and handleSelect2--so why not put alerts there, try to
      hardcode the edit fields there to another date, see if you can
      manipulate the values there--figure out exactly which line of code is
      the culprit.

      Also, after you fix this, your handleSelect(type,args,obj)
      and handleSelect2(type,args,obj) are *very* similar--you may want to
      have them both just call a third function that takes a fourth
      parameter indicating the index "1" or "2", that you can use in your
      getElementById() functions to get the id of the appropriate edit
      field, i.e.,

      var selMonth = document.getElementById("selMonth" + index);

      You can probably do the same with your updateCal1 and updateCal2 methods.

      HTH,
      Glen