Documentation for the arguments passed in to the Module Custom Events?

  • Fred Janon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
      Is there any documentation for the arguments passed in to the Module Custom Events like beforeShowEvent and beforeHideEvent? The API documentation doesn't specify any arguments, see below.

      Thanks

      Fred

      =====================================

      beforeHideEvent ( )
      CustomEvent fired before the Module is hidden

      beforeInitEvent

      beforeInitEvent ( classRef )
      CustomEvent fired prior to class initalization.
      Parameters:
      classRef <class> class reference of the initializing class, such as this.beforeInitEvent.fire(YAHOO.widget.Module)

      beforeRenderEvent

      beforeRenderEvent ( )
      CustomEvent fired before the Module is rendered

      beforeShowEvent

      beforeShowEvent ( )
      CustomEvent fired before the Module is shown
    • Caridy Patiño Mayea
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2007
        Hi Fred,

        The beforeShowEvent and beforeHideEvent custom events will be fired
        without parameters, but by default the scope of the execution will be
        the module widget, you can override this scope for a certain
        subscriber using the two optional parameters:

        myModule.beforeShowEvent.subscribe ( myFunction, obj, true );

        And during the execution domino chain, myFunction will be executed
        with the "obj" as the function's scope.

        pd: unfortunately, the documentation don't say nothing about this, I
        just figure out from the module source code.

        Regards
        Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
        http://bubbling.comarq.com/

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Janon" <fjanon@...> wrote:

        > Is there any documentation for the arguments passed in to the Module
        Custom
        > Events like beforeShowEvent and beforeHideEvent? The API documentation
        > doesn't specify any arguments, see below.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Fred
        >
        > =====================================
        >
        > beforeHideEvent
        > *beforeHideEvent* ( ) CustomEvent fired before the Module is hidden
        > ------------------------------
        > beforeInitEvent *beforeInitEvent* ( classRef ) CustomEvent fired
        prior to
        > class initalization.
        > Parameters: classRef <class> class reference of the initializing class,
        > such as this.beforeInitEvent.fire(YAHOO.widget.Module)
        > beforeRenderEvent *beforeRenderEvent* ( ) CustomEvent fired before the
        > Module is rendered
        > beforeShowEvent *beforeShowEvent* ( ) CustomEvent fired before the
        Module is
        > shown

      • Fred Janon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2007