Re: Does connection manager have a "cache buster" built in?

  • Keith Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Frank" <keith.frank@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I am using the connection manager to fetch xml from the server. I was
      > > wondering whether or not it has a mechanism to make sure the response
      > > is not cached but retrieved each time, or do I have to add my own
      > > cache buster name value pair in the request params (like the timestamp
      > > as a param value each time)? Thank you in advance for any help.
      >
      > Currently no. The predominant solution, thus far, is to add a
      > randomised sequence to the querystring for HTTP GETs. Querystring
      > cache-busting has been considered, but I've also received infrequent
      > reports about it interfering with some GET transaction, usually
      > application-specific cases.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Thomas

      Thomas,

      Thanks for the reply!(I have to say I continue to post questions on
      this forum but rarely receive a response to my queries.)

      Any reason why a cache buster isn't offered in the connection manager
      as an option you know... maybe as a prop in the callback:

      var callback =
      {
      nocache: true,
      success: function(o) {/*success handler code*/},
      failure: function(o) {/*failure handler code*/},
      timeout: 5000,
      argument: [argument1, argument2, argument3]
      }

      That way if someone is having a conlict in their particular app they
      can choose not to use it, no harm no foul. I hope you consider this
      option. yes it is easy enough to implement on my own but even easier
      if it is built in ;)

      Thanks,
      Keith