Greek Font Problem in Yahoo Toolbar/Yahoo Calendar/Yahoo Groups

  • kerberos8787
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2007
      Hi ,

      I have just installed the Yahoo toolbar and I am trying to use the
      Calendar .

      In it it has the option of putting in Public holidays to show
      automatically . Everything works O.K. except that the Greek public
      holidays when they use Greek fonts show the fonts as little squares .

      I have Greek fonts in my computer and Unicode . What can I do to view
      the Greek in Yahoo Calendar ( Windows XP Home ) IE7/SP2 ?

      BACKGROUND INFO
      ================

      There is some background to this . I go to the IE7 toolbar and into
      Tools>Internet Options>Fonts and when I try to press "apply" ( after
      selecting the Greek Fonts in seems that it is FIXED on the present
      Latin font . It won't let me apply the Greek font.

      Why is this ? How can I override this ?

      This laptop that I am using is from an out of business U.S. firm
      called Northgate and the XP recovery disk is NOT the one from
      Microsoft like I had when I had a DELL laptop before . I have trying
      applying NEW ENCODING into the computer and I can't .The recovery
      disk is the factory's and I have to RE FORMAT the computer to recover
      Windows XP .

      When trying to install some other fonts Windows gives me the command
      to insert the recovery disk ( THIS RECOVERY DISK ) into the Computer
      to ADD fonts I can't add fonts/Encoding . I presently have Greek
      Windows encoding , Greek ISO encoding , UTF-8(Unicode) encoding when
      I go to the IE7 toolbar and into VIEW>ENCODING.

      What can I do to read this Greek in the Yahoo calendar and Yahoo
      Groups ??

      I only have this problem when I read Yahoo Groups and the Greek there
      . All other Greek on the Internet in O.K.

      Can anyone help ?

      ANY help will be appreciated and thanks allot in advance .