Calling webservice from autocomplete control [need help]

  • Tahir Akram
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2007
      I am studying this refrence - YUI autocomplete
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_xml.html

      I have some questions...

      (a) In yahoo example, a php file (ysearch_proxy.php) has been used, I
      want to know whether this php file code returns XML doc tree?

      (b) oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("./php/ysearch_proxy.php",
      ["Result","Title"]);
      where Result and Title shows the nodes of XML tree?

      I want to call a webservice
      (http://www.webservicex.net/uszip.asmx?op=GetInfoByZIP), what will be
      the criteria. Whether, I need to make a servlet which calls the WS and
      return XML (to be used by YUI control) or I need to give direcrt WS
      link to YUI it itself will call the WS and get the desire XML? (former
      seems not be valid)

      Please help, thanks in advance.