DIV Layer Expand and Collapse

  • adamdoti
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hello everybody.
      I've been looking all over the Yahoo! UI Library site but can't seem
      to find an example or package that does the following commonly seen
      behavior.

      I have a DIV layer that I want to animate the vertical opening and
      closing of with an gif image when the user clicks it. Think of it as a
      slider, or accordian, or expand/collapse behavior.

      Anybody have an example of this?

      -A
    • Caridy PatiƱo Mayea
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
        Hi Adam,

        This functionality is very simple, just use:

        overflow: hideen for your DIV element, and then you can get the real
        height or width using: el.scrollHeight, el.scrollWidth, and then just
        use the YUI animation control to animate your DIV.

        Regards
        Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
        http://bubbling.comarq.com/