Bug in startInterval method in event class?

  • lampgrl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007
      Using v2.2.2 and testing in IE v.6.0.29 I've been experiencing an
      "object doesn't support this property or method" error during the
      preload phase of a simple test page for the tree view control. This
      only occurs when the page is tested through our VPN where load times
      are a bit longer and client scripts are wrapped by some proprietary
      methods in the portal's js file. The issue occurs in the following:

      startInterval: function() {
      if (!this._interval) {
      var self = this;
      var callback = function() { self._tryPreloadAttach(); };
      this._interval = setInterval(callback, this.POLL_INTERVAL);
      }
      },

      However, if I add a check for the method (which becomes available after
      an iteration or two), all is well.

      startInterval: function() {
      if (!this._interval) {
      var self = this;
      var callback = function() { self._tryPreloadAttach(); };
      this._interval = setInterval(callback, this.POLL_INTERVAL);

      if (this.setInterval)
      this._interval = setInterval(callback, this.POLL_INTERVAL);

      }
      },

      Adding debug alerts also introduced a sufficient delay in the preload to
      make the setInterval method available.

      Is there any chance this will be addressed in future releases?