Re: Connection manager? Help me transition... :./

  • tssha
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daniel" <dep@...> wrote:

      > Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble grasping Yahoo's connection
      > manager. I've had quite a bit of experience with our current
      > implementation of AJAX where we compile a string of XML on the
      > frontend and then pass that to a "service" as an EZMessage on the
      > backend. They then return us a response.
      >
      > How do I achieve a similar goal with YUI's connection manager? How do
      > I compile my information and submit it to a specific back-end service?

      // I'm not familiar with the EZMessage format,
      // so this is just a basic assumption that
      // an XML document is all there is to the data.
      var data = <your XML document here> ;

      /*
      * if you need to send custom headers,
      * use YAHOO.util.Connect.initHeader(label,value);
      */

      // Handle the response
      var callback = {
      success:function(o){
      //do something for HTTP 2xx
      },
      failure:function(o){
      //do something for HTTP 4xx/5xx
      }
      };

      // Send the request
      var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest(
      'POST',
      <urlToYourServiceHere>,
      callback,
      data
      };

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • daniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daniel" <dep@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble grasping Yahoo's connection
        > > manager. I've had quite a bit of experience with our current
        > > implementation of AJAX where we compile a string of XML on the
        > > frontend and then pass that to a "service" as an EZMessage on the
        > > backend. They then return us a response.
        > >
        > > How do I achieve a similar goal with YUI's connection manager? How do
        > > I compile my information and submit it to a specific back-end service?
        >
        > // I'm not familiar with the EZMessage format,
        > // so this is just a basic assumption that
        > // an XML document is all there is to the data.
        > var data = <your XML document here> ;
        >
        > /*
        > * if you need to send custom headers,
        > * use YAHOO.util.Connect.initHeader(label,value);
        > */
        >
        > // Handle the response
        > var callback = {
        > success:function(o){
        > //do something for HTTP 2xx
        > },
        > failure:function(o){
        > //do something for HTTP 4xx/5xx
        > }
        > };
        >
        > // Send the request
        > var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest(
        > 'POST',
        > <urlToYourServiceHere>,
        > callback,
        > data
        > };
        >
        > Regards,
        > Thomas

        It works. I did, however, have to change _default_post_header: in
        connection.js to "text/xml".