Connection manager? Help me transition... :./

  • daniel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble grasping Yahoo's connection
      manager. I've had quite a bit of experience with our current
      implementation of AJAX where we compile a string of XML on the
      frontend and then pass that to a "service" as an EZMessage on the
      backend. They then return us a response.

      How do I achieve a similar goal with YUI's connection manager? How do
      I compile my information and submit it to a specific back-end service?

      dep
    • tssha
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daniel" <dep@...> wrote:

        > Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble grasping Yahoo's connection
        > manager. I've had quite a bit of experience with our current
        > implementation of AJAX where we compile a string of XML on the
        > frontend and then pass that to a "service" as an EZMessage on the
        > backend. They then return us a response.
        >
        > How do I achieve a similar goal with YUI's connection manager? How do
        > I compile my information and submit it to a specific back-end service?

        // I'm not familiar with the EZMessage format,
        // so this is just a basic assumption that
        // an XML document is all there is to the data.
        var data = <your XML document here> ;

        /*
        * if you need to send custom headers,
        * use YAHOO.util.Connect.initHeader(label,value);
        */

        // Handle the response
        var callback = {
        success:function(o){
        //do something for HTTP 2xx
        },
        failure:function(o){
        //do something for HTTP 4xx/5xx
        }
        };

        // Send the request
        var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest(
        'POST',
        <urlToYourServiceHere>,
        callback,
        data
        };

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • daniel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daniel" <dep@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble grasping Yahoo's connection
          > > manager. I've had quite a bit of experience with our current
          > > implementation of AJAX where we compile a string of XML on the
          > > frontend and then pass that to a "service" as an EZMessage on the
          > > backend. They then return us a response.
          > >
          > > How do I achieve a similar goal with YUI's connection manager? How do
          > > I compile my information and submit it to a specific back-end service?
          >
          > // I'm not familiar with the EZMessage format,
          > // so this is just a basic assumption that
          > // an XML document is all there is to the data.
          > var data = <your XML document here> ;
          >
          > /*
          > * if you need to send custom headers,
          > * use YAHOO.util.Connect.initHeader(label,value);
          > */
          >
          > // Handle the response
          > var callback = {
          > success:function(o){
          > //do something for HTTP 2xx
          > },
          > failure:function(o){
          > //do something for HTTP 4xx/5xx
          > }
          > };
          >
          > // Send the request
          > var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest(
          > 'POST',
          > <urlToYourServiceHere>,
          > callback,
          > data
          > };
          >
          > Regards,
          > Thomas

          It works. I did, however, have to change _default_post_header: in
          connection.js to "text/xml".