Re: How To Use A DataSource

  • nicolas_kreyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "nicolas_kreyer"
      <nicolas_kreyer@...> wrote:

      > Hello. I have an XML file and I want to use some content to create
      > objects with js.
      >
      > I used the DataSource to extract the content, and I managed to display
      > it with a Datatable. But I want to use the content, not to display it.
      >
      > Is it possible?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Nico

      Up. I have a XML file looking like :

      <legend>
      <item>
      <name>...</name>
      </item>
      <item>
      <name>...</name>
      </item>
      </legend>

      and I would like to build a Legend instance with these datas. I have
      methods to create legendItem instances, with "name" and "style"
      parameters. How can I pass the datas from the XML file into parameters
      fields?
    • daniel
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
        I'm not sure, but does this help?
        http://developer.yahoo.com/python/python-xml.html

        <nicolas_kreyer@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "nicolas_kreyer"
        > <nicolas_kreyer@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello. I have an XML file and I want to use some content to create
        > > objects with js.
        > >
        > > I used the DataSource to extract the content, and I managed to display
        > > it with a Datatable. But I want to use the content, not to display it.
        > >
        > > Is it possible?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > Nico
        > >
        > Up. I have a XML file looking like :
        >
        > <legend>
        > <item>
        > <name>...</name>
        > </item>
        > <item>
        > <name>...</name>
        > </item>
        > </legend>
        >
        > and I would like to build a Legend instance with these datas. I have
        > methods to create legendItem instances, with "name" and "style"
        > parameters. How can I pass the datas from the XML file into parameters
        > fields?

      • daniel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
          This was very helpful for me:
          http://xmljs.sourceforge.net/

          <nicolas_kreyer@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "nicolas_kreyer"
          > <nicolas_kreyer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello. I have an XML file and I want to use some content to create
          > > objects with js.
          > >
          > > I used the DataSource to extract the content, and I managed to display
          > > it with a Datatable. But I want to use the content, not to display it.
          > >
          > > Is it possible?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > Nico
          > >
          > Up. I have a XML file looking like :
          >
          > <legend>
          > <item>
          > <name>...</name>
          > </item>
          > <item>
          > <name>...</name>
          > </item>
          > </legend>
          >
          > and I would like to build a Legend instance with these datas. I have
          > methods to create legendItem instances, with "name" and "style"
          > parameters. How can I pass the datas from the XML file into parameters
          > fields?

        • nicolas_kreyer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
            Yeah, these two links could bring a solution to my question, I guess,
            but I was asked to do it using YUI.

            That was the puropose of my question. Is it possible to parse and use
            XML through YUI dataSource or dataTable or another class?

            Because it seems to me you can only display a XML file.
          • Gareth Shapiro
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
              Hey Nicolas,

              I too was stumped with DataSource until a helpful chap called Jerome
              supplied an example that I was able to use. I am using the DataSource
              to get JSON data but I am sure XML is also possible. Check out :

              Gareth