Drag & Drop: General Issues

  • frankieshakes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hey there,

      I've been using the D&D utility library to add some functionality to an application. I'm
      running into a few performance-related issues, as well as general functionality issues, and
      was hoping someone could chime-in with help/suggestions.

      One thing I'm noticing with regards to functionality is that when performing a drag
      operation, there are times when the proxy object appears but does not move. It simply
      stays in the middle of the screen, and regardless of how often the mouse moves, the
      object stays still. Other times, the proxy appears in the top left corner (default location
      I'm guessing?) and doesn't move either.

      I notice that this sometimes happens when I initiate the drag, but a tooltip (default
      browser's) appears before the mouse is actually moved. Not sure if there are any known
      issues with tooltips and drag operations.

      Another issue I'm running into is when clicking an item (that can also initiate a drag) the
      proxy object sometimes flashes and then disappears. The intent was not to drag the item,
      but rather to "select" it.

      I'm not sure where to start in debugging these issues. If anyone could lend some insight
      into these problems, I'd really appreciate it.

      Thanks,
      -f