Tabview in Panel

  • khromu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007
      Hi all,

      thanks for the great YUI.

      I have a problem, I've placed a TabView inside a Panel. Then I used
      the resize example to make it resizable.

      The TabView width resizes nicely but the height doesn't. I've tried
      setting .yui-content {height: 100%;} and .yui-navset {height: 100%;}
      but that put the TabView's bottom underneath the Panel's footer.

      Any ideias on how to make this work?

      Basically I'm creating a chat interface with multiple tabs.

      Best regards,

      Luís
    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
        Hi Luís,

        In order for an HTMElement to inherit height based on the size of its
        parent, the parent height needs to be fixed, and the element needs a
        percent height.

        I think you're approach is correct, except that you don't want the
        height to actually be 100%. I would try something slightly smaller
        (95%?).

        Keep in mind that an HTMLElement's actual height equals its style height
        plus padding and borders.

        Matt

        khromu wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > thanks for the great YUI.
        >
        > I have a problem, I've placed a TabView inside a Panel. Then I used
        > the resize example to make it resizable.
        >
        > The TabView width resizes nicely but the height doesn't. I've tried
        > setting .yui-content {height: 100%;} and .yui-navset {height: 100%;}
        > but that put the TabView's bottom underneath the Panel's footer.
        >
        > Any ideias on how to make this work?
        >
        > Basically I'm creating a chat interface with multiple tabs.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Luís
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • khromu
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
          Tx.

          I just tried a different approach. Now I resize .yui-content using the
          actual size of the panel interior, with works great.

          Thanks.

          you a