Is there a way to enter text into a calendar widget??

  • j2ee20072007
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2007
      Most calendar widgets allow for the user to enter text into a text box.
      Is this possible using YUI? If not is there a way to add this
      functionality? Thanks
    • j2ee20072007
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2007
        Anyone? Seems like this would be a pretty common request(?)
      • Mike Lee
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2007
          Hi j2ee20072007,

          Do you mean something like this?
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/calendar/formtxt/1.html

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "j2ee20072007"
          <j2ee20072007@...> wrote:

          > Most calendar widgets allow for the user to enter text into a text box.
          > Is this possible using YUI? If not is there a way to add this
          > functionality? Thanks

        • j2ee20072007
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Lee" <mikelee@...> wrote:

            > Hi j2ee20072007,
            >
            > Do you mean something like this?
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/calendar/formtxt/1.html

            Of course not; that's the basic example that comes with the toolkit.

            I'm talking about an input box inside the calendar control that would
            stay with it for example if you moved it around by making it draggable.

            Anyone?
          • j2ee20072007
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
              IMHO a calendar that doesn't allow the user to enter a date straight
              into the calendar is almost worthless. The user will aaaalways want the
              ability to enter a date right into the calendar widget. IMHO it should
              be part of the control itself...