line-hieght inheritance in fonts.css

  • glazedginger.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22 7:39 PM

      I've been using fonts.css for a couple of projects now and I have
      regularly bumped into issues with the line-height reset rule (body *
      {line-height:1.22em;}).

      Consider the following (style applied inline for the sake of clarity):

      line-height as measured by firebug:
      p: 19.5333 px
      span: 15.8667 px

      I would suggest changing it to: body {line-height:1.22;} which has
      the same styling impact, but which doesn't screw up inheritance.

      For more details you can check out Eric Meyer's related articles:
      http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2006/02/08/unitless-line-heights/
      and http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2007/04/12/reset-styles/.

      Regards,

      Tobie

      --
      Tobie Langel
      http://tobielangel.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25 1:53 PM
        Hello glazedginger,

        > I've been using fonts.css for a couple of projects now and I have
        > regularly bumped into issues with the line-height reset rule (body *
        > {line-height:1.22em;}).
        >
        > Consider the following (style applied inline for the sake of clarity):

        > line-height as measured by firebug:
        > p: 19.5333 px
        > span: 15.8667 px
        >
        > I would suggest changing it to: body {line-height:1.22;} which has
        > the same styling impact, but which doesn't screw up inheritance.

        This change will be part of v2.3

        In the future, please consider making these suggestions via Feature
        Requests or Bug Reports on Sourceforge so we can track them more
        accurately and keep you updated more completely.

        Thanks,
        Nate
      • Nate Koechley
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          Just a quick FYI that this change is part of 2.3.0.

          Thanks for the suggestion!

          Thanks,
          Nate