Changing ACTIVE_CLASSNAME of tab

  • Cagatay Civici
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2007

      I'm trying to override the default ACTIVE_CLASSNAME property of tab widget.

      I've tried, myTabs.getTab(0).set("ACTIVE_CLASSNAME", "my_selected_active_class_name"); but no luck

      Also myTabs.getTab(0).get("ACTIVE_CLASSNAME") returns "undefined" too.

      So I'm wondering how to change the default class name "selected".

      p.s. There seems to be an error in api doc cos it says default value is "on".

      Regards,

      Cagatay Civici
      cagatay@...

    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
        Hi Cagatay,

        Apologies for the late response.

        The ACTIVE_CLASSNAME is a field on the YAHOO.widget.Tab.prototype.

        You can override it for all Tab instances by setting:
        YAHOO.widget.Tab.prototype.ACTIVE_CLASSNAME = 'another-classname';

        or on a specific instance by setting:
        myTabs.getTab(0).ACTIVE_CLASSNAME

        although when an instance is created, it tests for the presence of the
        ACTIVE_CLASSNAME to determine if a Tab is active, so you may have to
        call set('active') on the activeTab when customizing per Tab instance.

        Thanks for pointing out the doc error. I'll make sure that is fixed for
        the next release.

        Matt

        Cagatay Civici wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm trying to override the default ACTIVE_CLASSNAME property of tab
        > widget.
        >
        > I've tried, myTabs.getTab(0).set("ACTIVE_CLASSNAME",
        > "my_selected_active_class_name"); but no luck
        >
        > Also myTabs.getTab(0).get("ACTIVE_CLASSNAME") returns "undefined" too.
        >
        > So I'm wondering how to change the default class name "selected".
        >
        > p.s. There seems to be an error in api doc cos it says default value
        > is "on".
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Cagatay Civici
        > cagatay@... <mailto:cagatay@...>