Authentication.

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2006
      I dont really know where to ask this, I tried asking on
      answers.yahoo.com, but apparently you don't get responses unless your
      asking about stupid crap. :)

      So, here it is. Is there any way to authenticate to Yahoos user
      database without using flckrs API? I have implemented a test system
      using flckr's API and phpflickr, but it asks people to join flickr,
      and prompts them to allow my site access to their photos the first
      time they login. I dont want or need access to peoples flickr account.
      I just want to be able to use Yahoo's user database so that people
      don't have to create and remember yet another set of account details.

      I tried messing around with the URL, but apparently something on
      Yahoo's end needs to be configured if you want a response back to your
      server. I need to at least get a yes/no, and if succesfully logged in
      a username back.

      Any ideas?

      If this was the wrong place to ask this, I am sorry, and would
      appreciate a pointer to the 'right' place for this kind of question.