additems in IE 6

  • mtorres253
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I'm using the additems method to dynamically populate a leftnav using data from a JS
      array. What I've done so far works great in Firefox and Safari, but for some reason, the
      menuitems do not appear in IE 6.

      The Javascript is as follows:

      YAHOO.example.onMenuReady = function() {
      // Create lefnav widget
      var oMenu = new YAHOO.widget.Menu("leftnav", { position:"static", hidedelay:750,
      lazyload:true });
      // Title of leftnav
      oMenu.setItemGroupTitle("Browse",0);
      // Add items to left nav from categoryArray in js/data.js
      oMenu.addItems([categoryArray],0);
      oMenu.render();
      };
      YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady("leftnav", YAHOO.example.onMenuReady);

      The markup for the leftnav is as follows:

      <ul class="first-of-type">
      </ul>

      Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or do any of you have suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Michael
    • Michael Torres
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2007
        Just FYI, I figured out that IE requires an childnode in the UL in
        order for the additems method to work. I added one and then hid it as
        follows:

        <ul class="first-of-type">
        <li class="yuimenuitem" style="display: none;">For IE6</li>
        </ul>

        and now it works just fine in IE.

        On 6/11/07, mtorres253 <mtorres253@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I'm using the additems method to dynamically populate a leftnav using data
        > from a JS
        > array. What I've done so far works great in Firefox and Safari, but for
        > some reason, the
        > menuitems do not appear in IE 6.
        >
        > The Javascript is as follows:
        >
        > YAHOO.example.onMenuReady = function() {
        > // Create lefnav widget
        > var oMenu = new YAHOO.widget.Menu("leftnav", { position:"static",
        > hidedelay:750,
        > lazyload:true });
        > // Title of leftnav
        > oMenu.setItemGroupTitle("Browse",0);
        > // Add items to left nav from categoryArray in js/data.js
        > oMenu.addItems([categoryArray],0);
        > oMenu.render();
        > };
        > YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady("leftnav", YAHOO.example.onMenuReady);
        >
        > The markup for the leftnav is as follows:

        > <ul class="first-of-type">
        > </ul>
        >
        > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or do any of you have suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Michael

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hi Michael -

          Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been resolved in the 2.3
          version of Menu.

          - Todd