Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Need help: Dynamic loading menu with connectionmanager

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
      Ravindra,

      Welcome to YUI!

      Your project has two steps:

      1.  Get the data from XML.  YUI Menu doesn't have a data sourcing component, so you'll do this the usual way.  If you haven't worked with XML in JavaScript before, you may want to read David Flanagan's tutorial on this.  If you're grabbing data using XMLHttpRequest, you'll probably want to review Thomas Sha's documentation for the YUI Connection Manager.

      2.  Build the Menu dynamically using the data that you've extracted from your XML document.  Menu's author, Todd Kloots, has provided a variety of examples, the simplest of which is "Basic Menu from JavaScript".

      Good luck with your project, Ravindra.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Jun 4, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Ravindra wrote:

      I am appreciating your effort.
      I am also facing the same problem as like you.
      could you help me for dynamically generate menu.

      I am new for this YUI library. I got assignment to dynamically
      generate menu from xml file.

      In advance i am appreciating your effort.