Re: Datatable enhancement help required

  • wyzfr
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hello.

      > The RecordSet needs to use some type of primary ID internally. I
      don't know that it's a good idea to ever expose any kind of primary ID
      to the client. The DataTable is designed to keep more columns in the
      RecordSet than the column displays. It's not clear why this should be
      a problem.

      I didn't read carefully the help. I was convinced that I sould have
      the same ResultSchema than the ColumnSet. Knowing this point makes
      life better !

      > > * How to set a calendar editor instead of a textbox one ?
      >
      > It's possible that no one has done that yet. There is experimental
      > code for select and checkbox support, but nothing is hinted for a
      date editor yet. Though, I'll probably need to do one before long.

      Ok. I searched a bit on google but I didn't find anything. I might
      come to it but I have not your skills in javascript...

      I tried to read very carrefully your explanation on how it works and I
      edited the source code. It seems there is some work behind it! The
      Jayrock library is very interesting but I use ASP and SQL Server 2005
      :( I think I will keep my method for the moment, ie just before
      submiting I fill an hiddent input with a copy of the datatable in a
      string I can treat server side.

      Best regards