Re: Need help: Dynamic loading menu with connectionmanager

  • Ravindra
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      I am appreciating your effort.
      I am also facing the same problem as like you.
      could you help me for dynamically generate menu.

      I am new for this YUI library. I got assignment to dynamically
      generate menu from xml file.

      In advance i am appreciating your effort.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "slurrrpsurf" <jeroen@...> wrote:

      > is anybody reading these forums at all? guess i'll find a solution
      > without yui otherwise. yui looks nice, but if we get zero help here in
      > the forums, it just isn't worth it...

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
        Ravindra,

        Welcome to YUI!

        Your project has two steps:

        1.  Get the data from XML.  YUI Menu doesn't have a data sourcing component, so you'll do this the usual way.  If you haven't worked with XML in JavaScript before, you may want to read David Flanagan's tutorial on this.  If you're grabbing data using XMLHttpRequest, you'll probably want to review Thomas Sha's documentation for the YUI Connection Manager.

        2.  Build the Menu dynamically using the data that you've extracted from your XML document.  Menu's author, Todd Kloots, has provided a variety of examples, the simplest of which is "Basic Menu from JavaScript".

        Good luck with your project, Ravindra.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia