Re: [ydn-javascript] Additional text on tab

  • Jaime Bueza
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      For .yui-navset .yui-nav li a em, set the white-space css property to "nowrap".

      On 6/1/07, ticklishturtletoe < ticklishturtletoe@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I'm using tabview to create a right-oriented tab interface. On my
      tabs, I display some information that wraps onto 2 lines.

      The trouble is, the text wraps within a very tight margin. I haven't
      been able to make the text fill the width of the tab before it wraps.
      I have other text on the tab that doesn't wrap, and it seems to have
      wider margins than the text that wraps.

      I'm pretty certain this behavior has something to do with the fact
      that the tabs use a list construct, because I started creating my own
      tabview, also using a list construct and still had the same problem.

      There must be some CSS trick to get around this problem. Does anybody
      have ideas?

      TIA,
      TTT

      --
      Jaime Bueza | Database Developer
      "Everything in a web browser"
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        Thanks for the reply, Jaime. I should explain in a little more
        detail. The tabview structure is strictly like this:

        But mine is slightly modified like this:

        So my suspicion is that <li> properties are the obstacle. My <div>s
        are okay, because if I put them in a table, they're fine. Do you
        think it might be some default <li> properties?

        TIA,
        TTT