urgent .swf edit

  • akin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      hw all, please,hw can i edit .swf (shockwave flash file).i want to
      edit the font of the flash object.i try macromedia but was just
      opening it .i found out from google that i need decompiler
      (swf).which i tried but not given me action script.pls hw can i go
      about it .

      akin adewole
    • David Lloyd
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2007
        To edit .swf files you need:

        a) The original .fla files; or
        b) A decompiler that is capable of getting something very close to the
        original .fla files

        Colleagues have had varying degrees of success decompiling .swf but it's
        never a "one way works" type process.

        You'll need to look through Google or AltaVista for a decompiler and
        find one that works. Your mileage will vary depending on how complex the
        .swf is and how well protected against decompiling it actually is.

        I don't believe that the YUI tools can help with this problem at the
        moment and I don't know of any places that might offer free advice; I
        hope this advice helps.

        DSL