YAHOO.widget.MenuManager.getMenuItem(domId) ?

  • James McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 9:09 AM
      Hello Yui Developers,
      Is there any interest in providing a public method on
      YAHOO.widget.MenuManager that will retrieve MenuItems by domId. I have
      to create my menus through markup and I am having a little difficulty
      manipulating things like checked and disabled state. It is easy enough
      to do onClick with MenuManager.getFocusedItem, but checking or
      disabling items on render is proving difficult. Other than that,
      though, I am really enjoying yui.

      Thanks,
      jim
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 11:21 AM
        James -

        I'm currently targeting to add this feature for the next release (2.3)
        that will be available in July. Feel free

        - Todd

        James McLaughlin wrote:
        > Hello Yui Developers,
        > Is there any interest in providing a public method on
        > YAHOO.widget.MenuManager that will retrieve MenuItems by domId. I have
        > to create my menus through markup and I am having a little difficulty
        > manipulating things like checked and disabled state. It is easy enough
        > to do onClick with MenuManager.getFocusedItem, but checking or
        > disabling items on render is proving difficult. Other than that,
        > though, I am really enjoying yui.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > jim
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • James McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31 2:59 PM
          Thanks Todd. The menu module is a nice piece of work. I think you were
          going to finish this thought:
          > that will be available in July. Feel free

          best,
          jim

          On 5/31/07, Todd Kloots <kloots@...> wrote:
          > James -
          >
          > I'm currently targeting to add this feature for the next release (2.3)

          > - Todd
          >
          > James McLaughlin wrote:
          > > Hello Yui Developers,
          > > Is there any interest in providing a public method on
          > > YAHOO.widget.MenuManager that will retrieve MenuItems by domId. I have
          > > to create my menus through markup and I am having a little difficulty
          > > manipulating things like checked and disabled state. It is easy enough
          > > to do onClick with MenuManager.getFocusedItem, but checking or
          > > disabling items on render is proving difficult. Other than that,
          > > though, I am really enjoying yui.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > jim
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2007
            Yeah - I was going to say - "feel free to file an enhancement request
            via SourceForge."

            - Todd