close-container always visible problem

  • tommybuoy1
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      Hi i've got a problem with a resizable panel (using the example that
      comes with library) in that the close-container span and the close
      icon, plus buttons inside the body of the panel stay visible when the
      panel is hidden calling the hide() function.

      Has anyone experienced this problem before?

      I'm using YUI and ASP Atlas so I guess there *could* be some kind of
      conflict somewhere, but apart from this it seems to work well.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks

      Tom F
    • foggjacob
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2007
        Which div are you hiding? I found the best method for me to hide a
        re-sizable panel is to use the visibility property of the parentNode
        to the container you created (if you create a panel called "helpPanel"
        you need to toggle the visibility of "helpPanel_c") here is an example
        of the function I use to toggle the visibility of my help panel. I
        hope that helps!

        function toggleHelp(){
        var x = document.getElementById("helpPanel_c");
        x.style.visibility = (x.style.visibility ==
        "visible")?"hidden":"visible";
        }

        -Jake

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tommybuoy1" <tommybuoy1@...>