Re: syncronous request?

  • Ted Husted
    Message 1 of 10 , May 30, 2007
      > What I would like to see is to have YUI loads its parts and
      > components all on its own with some sort of YAOO.include method
      > using a base library path set elsewhere and brief identifiers, not
      > full URLs for each of the end components. Many times we see
      > messages in this list about user scripts failing because the
      > libraries were not loaded in the right order or not at all. Why have
      > the programmer to keep track of dependencies and load order when a
      > program could do that so much better?

      I opened a feature request for this, on your behalf:

      *
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1728268&group_id=165715&atid=836479

      > Anyway, in this context, there is no 'user experience' to lose,
      > since you have not yet loaded any of the objects that would provide
      > it

      Even so, the standard connection manager wouldn't be used in this
      context, since it wouldn't have been loaded either! Such a script
      should be self-contained. For example, the Dojo.require method has
      its own code for making the synch (or async) requests to load scripts.

      -Ted.