Re: New user to YUI. Need sample code snippets

  • John Haig
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2007
      Nilesh,

      I'm sure you know that the best way to learn to code is to start from
      the API and code everything by scratch. Examples are crutches. In
      order to truly understand a programming language, you should have to
      suffer and anguish for days and days to finally discover you have a
      misplaced comma or something. Then and only then can you say that you
      have a grasp on the topic.

      Those who write the core YUI classes are doing you a favor by not
      providing these crutches you ask for and by not responding to emails
      for help. It's the best way for them to build the community of gurus.

      Imagine if you were given these examples you asked for and actually
      got accomplished what you set out to do in a matter of hours instead
      of weeks. Then where would YUI be? It'd be relegated as a language
      like Coldfusion or something where it's so easy to learn that no one
      takes it seriously.

      Yours in Pain,

      Bagus