DataTable

  • Vitali Fomine
    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2007
      I has a typical task w/ table data: I need to get data from the server, edit
      it (add rows/remove rows/modify), and store it at server. I plan to use
      DataTable, but I do not see easy way. I want to minimize a custom/non-yui
      code. I am using asp.net, so I can generate array of data at server side and
      then make postback to store data, or I can use AJAX for communication with
      server. But I can not combine all these terms to grace solution. How..? Was
      yui's DataSource/DataTable designed for this purpose? Thanks.

      Regards,
      Vitali
    • mikebroadbear10
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31 10:25 AM

        Is there any way to see what is going on inside DataTable? I am trying
        to use it, but only see 'Data error', and no http request attempt. Is
        there any way to see where it failed and why?

        ...Mike
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31 1:48 PM
          If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a connection
          and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until a reply
          comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have FireFox
          installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each request
          and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the line with
          the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source of the
          reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting or extra
          characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these happened to me
          :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is what I
          would try.

          > Is there any way to see what is going on inside DataTable? I am trying
          > to use it, but only see 'Data error', and no http request attempt. Is
          > there any way to see where it failed and why?
          >
          > ...Mike
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 17:02

        • mikebroadbear10
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31 2:20 PM
            I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
            working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
            etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
            am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
            This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.

            ...Mike

            > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
            connection
            > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until a
            reply
            > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have FireFox
            > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
            request
            > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
            line with
            > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source of the
            > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting or
            extra
            > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these happened
            to me
            > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
            what I
            > would try.
            >
            > Satyam

            30/07/2007
            > > 17:02

          • mikebroadbear10
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
              I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
              object:

              Could not find a valid Connection Manager.

              I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
              might look, it would be much appreciated.

              My code looks like this:

              var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
              [servlet]");
              destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
              destDataSource.responseSchema = {
              resultNode: "destination",
              fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
              };

              The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.

              ...Mike

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
              <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

              > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
              > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
              > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
              > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
              > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
              >
              > ...Mike
              >
              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
              > >
              > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
              > connection
              > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
              > reply
              > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
              FireFox
              > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
              > request
              > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
              > line with
              > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
              of the
              > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
              or
              > extra
              > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
              happened
              > to me
              > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
              > what I
              > > would try.
              > >
              > > Satyam

            • jennykhan
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
                Hi Mike,

                That message seems to indicate a missing Connection Manager
                dependency. Are you referencing the right file, and are you
                referencing it before the DataSource file?

                Jenny

                <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

                > I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
                > object:
                >
                > Could not find a valid Connection Manager.
                >
                > I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
                > might look, it would be much appreciated.
                >
                > My code looks like this:
                >
                > var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
                > [servlet]");
                > destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
                > destDataSource.responseSchema = {
                > resultNode: "destination",
                > fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
                > };
                >
                > The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.
                >
                > ...Mike
                >
                > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
                > <mikebroadbear10@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
                > > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
                > > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
                > > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
                > > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
                > >
                > > ...Mike
                > >
                > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
                > > connection
                > > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
                > > reply
                > > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
                > FireFox
                > > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
                > > request
                > > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
                > > line with
                > > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
                > of the
                > > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
                > or
                > > extra
                > > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
                > happened
                > > to me
                > > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
                > > what I
                > > > would try.
                > > >
                > > > Satyam

              • erolunala
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
                  Looking at the the Custom Cell Formatting example I wondered if it
                  would be possible to use the checkboxes eg. for a function that sends
                  an email to all selected people or export the selected rows in some
                  form (csv). How could things like that be achieved? Thanks for you
                  Feedback ;-)
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
                    on the use of checkboxes, see:

                    http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2

                    there is a section on checkboxes and radio buttons