setting Calendar's minDate after render

  • Raphael Bauduin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm trying to set a minDate of a calender after it has been rendered.
      How can I force the calendar to be rerendered?

      All examples I found set the miDate before the call to render, and it
      works fine in that case. I tried to call render after modifying the
      minDate of an already rendered calendar, but it doesn't seem to do
      anything (onRender wasn't fired).

      Thanks in advance.

      Raph
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2006

        Raph,

        I’m able to successfully do this by rendering a calendar, and simply using:

        myCal.minDate = new Date();

        myCal.render();

        Can you provide more details on your problem, like a code example?

        Thanks!

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2006
          Hi,

          thanks for your answer, it pointed me to the error: I called .render
          and not .render().....

          thanks for the reactivity!

          Raph

        • mrprogguy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
            I'm having the same problem. Rendering the calendar doesn't make
            prior dates unselectable while I'm using the calendar, despite the
            documentation.

            <peterson@...> wrote:

            > Raph,
            >

            > I'm able to successfully do this by rendering a calendar, and
            simply using:

            > myCal.minDate = new Date();
            >
            > myCal.render();
            >

            > Can you provide more details on your problem, like a code example?
            >

            > Thanks!
            >

            > Steven Peterson
            >
            > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
            >
            > Yahoo!
            >
            > _____

            t=ms&k=C+programming+language&w1=C+programming

            +language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+langua
            ge&w4=

            The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+of+p
            rogram
            > ming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=lC1PxfzvANy_Br-nPkXYTA> programming
            language

            > Computer
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Computer+programming+languages&w1=C+pro

            gramming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programmin
            g+lang

            uage&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Conc
            ept+of
            > +programming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=7XFXh-0Mon1IfLuOVlwvdg>
            programming
            > languages
            >
            > Java
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Java+programming+language&w1=C+programm

            ing+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+lan
            guage&

            w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+o
            f+prog
            > ramming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=UITodqn0qTCUcae_mpRQog> programming
            > language
            >

            > The
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=The+c+programming+language&w1=C+program

            ming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+la
            nguage

            &w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+
            of+pro
            > gramming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=xnZC2-BzDSLhhir3MLtssg> c
            programming
            > language

            t=ms&k=C+++programming+language&w1=C+programmi

            ng+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+lang
            uage&w

            4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+of
            +progr
            > amming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=RTzTl3BOJWbWK14CdUrO0w> programming
            language

            > Concept
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Concept+of+programming+language&w1=C+pr

            ogramming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programmi
            ng+lan

            guage&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Con
            cept+o
            > f+programming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=x4ueM0tA417JDq3ckdJ9CQ> of
            > programming language
            >

            > _____
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            > * Visit your group "ydn-javascript
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript> " on the web.

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            > _____

          • Steven Peterson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006

              Again, I am unable to duplicate this  issue. Can you post a code sample so that I can reproduce it?

              <peterson@...> wrote:

> [...]

              +progr

              amming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=RTzTl3BOJWbWK14CdUrO0w>  programming
              language

              > Concept
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Concept+of+programming+language&w1=C+pr

              ogramming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programmi
              ng+lan

              guage&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Con
              cept+o

              f+programming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=x4ueM0tA417JDq3ckdJ9CQ>  of
              > programming language
              >

              >   _____
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              > *      Visit your group "ydn-javascript
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript>
              " on the web.

              > *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an
              email to:
              > <
              href="mailto:ydn-javascript-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?%0bsubject=Unsubscribe">mailto:ydn-javascript-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
              subject=Unsubscribe>

              > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              the Yahoo!
              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              Terms of Service.

              >   _____

              C programming language

              Computer programming languages

              Java programming language

              The c programming language

              C programming language

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
                Of course you can't duplicate it--you know how to do it correctly! ;)

                The problem was that I was on a 2up calendar and needed to do the
                cal.page[] thing to make it work. All solved. I have another issue
                to write up/get solved, but I'll toss in a new message on it after
                researching the rest of the threads to see if a solution is already
                available.