YUI4JSF Project

  • yigit
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2007

      We're planning to setup a new project called YUI4JSF at sourceforge.
      It's a custom component library for JavaServer Faces based on YUI.

      Is it ok to name this project as YUI4JSF, since there is YUI name in it
      I'm wondering if it's ok in legal terms.

      Also YUI4JSF is Apache v2 license, as far as I know it's compatible
      with BSD right? so we can distribute YUI in our release by including
      the BSD license.

      Regards

      Yigit Darcin
    • tssha
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "yigit" <ydarcin@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > We're planning to setup a new project called YUI4JSF at sourceforge.
        > It's a custom component library for JavaServer Faces based on YUI.
        >
        > Is it ok to name this project as YUI4JSF, since there is YUI name in it
        > I'm wondering if it's ok in legal terms.

        Yes; you're welcome to use the YUI name in your project.

        > Also YUI4JSF is Apache v2 license, as far as I know it's compatible
        > with BSD right? so we can distribute YUI in our release by including
        > the BSD license.

        Yes, you're welcome to distribute YUI along with the BSD license.

        Regards,
        Thomas