Re: Rendering any selected cells in a calendar

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2007
      Hey Eric,

      Based on past experience
      (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript/message/8250) I
      would say that reducing the number of renderers attached definitely
      helps with performance. So, I'd say the solution which has the minimum
      number of renderers attached would probably be the faster one.

      One additional advantage with the "12 Month Renderers with Date Hash"
      is that I'd expect performance to stay pretty constant, regardless of
      how many dates need to be specially rendered. Rendering 20 cells or
      100 cells, still only needs 12 renderers - maybe a little additional
      time for DOM manipulation and date processing. If you were to attach
      individual renderers, it would probably take a bad hit if your
      requirements jumped from 20 to 100 cells.

      If you do end up trying both alternatives, please do let us know which
      turned out to be faster. I'd be interested.

      Regards,
      Satyen