DataTable w/ DataSource - actual dynamic content?

  • benjamin_m_hill
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2007
      Has anyone gotten a DataTable to act dynamically? All of the examples
      for the DataTable component use "load-only-once-at-first-time" to
      populate the table, where as I'm looking to populate the table based
      on the JSON results of a query. (Much like AutoComplete, but with the
      added functionality of the DataTable layout)

      My guess is that I need to set something in the DataTable's config,
      then fire off a "go get the data again" event... something like
      "onDataReturnPopulateTable"

      oDataSource.sendRequest is only called in the DataTable constructor...
    • benjamin_m_hill
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2007
        Have a work-around in place:

        searchDataTable.getRecordSet().reset();
        searchDataTable.dataSource.sendRequest(
        query,
        searchDataTable.onDataReturnPopulateTable,
        searchDataTable);

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "benjamin_m_hill"