Re: connection manager and chunked transfer encoding

  • Tom Guyette
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7 12:28 PM
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Jack Bates <ms419@...> wrote:
      > I'd like ... avoid polling: Make a long-lived request to my HTTP
      > server using YUI's connection manager and execute a callback when
      > new data is available.

      Hi Jack,

      Take a look at ICEFaces (www.icefaces.org). They claim to have push
      capability like you describe, though I don't know how it's implemented
      (magic? quantum entanglement? creepy action at a distance?). It's
      probably worth a look.

      From "What Is ICEFaces" linked from the main page:

      "ICEfaces is the only RIA framework on the market today that delivers
      unique Ajax Push capabilities. Discover the power of Ajax Push and
      create collaborative and dynamic enterprise applications like never
      before."

      -- Tom