Reproducible rendering bug in Firefox

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 1:28 PM
      http://phocoa.com/webapp/examples/ajax/container/container

      The scrollbars are bleeding through Panels.

      According to this:

      http://blog.krugle.com/?p=214

      The bug is a Mac-only Firefox bug, and the proposed solution does
      seem to help.

      Which seems to help (as evidenced by hacking in Firebug), but has
      some caveats.

      Has anyone seen a better solution?

      Alan
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 1:35 PM
        Alan,

        I'm not aware of a better solution than the one described in your citation below.  I haven't run into any situations where I couldn't make that work, although it's frustrating to have to work around that.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 3:35 PM
          Thanks for the "validation" of this concept. I have implemented it and it seems to be working very well, and fixes both issues:

          - Scrollbars from UNDERNEATH bleeding through
          - Scrollbars from PANEL being "left visible" when PANEL is closed

          FWIW, here's what I did:

          // just after setting up the overlay
              if (overlay.platform == "mac" && overlay.browser == "gecko")
              {
                  overlay.showEvent.subscribe( function() {
                                                              var overlayEl = YAHOO.util.Dom.get('signInRegisterPanel');
                                                              YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(overlayEl, 'overflow', 'auto');
                                                              YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(overlayEl, 'display', 'block');
                                                          } );
                  overlay.hideEvent.subscribe( function() {
                                                              var overlayEl = YAHOO.util.Dom.get('signInRegisterPanel');
                                                              YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(overlayEl, 'overflow', 'hidden');
                                                              YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(overlayEl, 'display', 'none');
                                                          } );
              }

          I was looking through the YUI source, and already there are some functions for:

          showMacGeckoScrollbars()
          and
          hideMacGeckoScrollbars()

          I tried for about half an hour to just manipulate the hide-scrollbars and show-scrollbars styles but couldn't quite get it to work.

          Whether it's solved with JS or CSS, though, it seems that it'd be appropriate to fix this within YUI directly so that no one has to go through this again!

          Thoughts?

          Alan