Re: Alignment in a YUI dialog window

  • alexshusta
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2007
      Hi Vani,

      The Dialog inherits styles from the Panel class. You can override the rules in http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.2/build/container/assets/container.css or your local copy of the container.css file to set alignment etc. Specifically, if your dialog has id="VanisDialog" you'd want a rule like:

      #VanisDialog .hd, #VanisDialog .bd{
          text-align: left;
      }

      If your dialog isn't going to us an id (e.g. there will be multiple dynamically created dialogs and you want a rule for all of them) you'd use a selector like:

      .yui-dialog .hd, .yui-dialog .bd{
          text-align: left;
      }

      Ta,
      ~Alexander

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vani_narayanasamee" <vani_narayanasamee@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > How to align elements in a YUI dialog window?
      > In my dialog window by default all elements are center aligned.
      >
      > Thanks in Advance!!

    • vani_narayanasamee
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2007
        Thanks Alexander,

        Is ther any way to align few controls to the left and few to the right
        of the dialog window?

        Please keep me posted if you have any solution.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "alexshusta"
        <alexander.shusta@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vani,
        >
        > The Dialog inherits styles from the Panel class. You can override the
        > rules in
        > http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.2/build/container/assets/container.css or
        > your local copy of the container.css file to set alignment etc.
        > Specifically, if your dialog has id="VanisDialog" you'd want a rule
        > like:
        >
        > #VanisDialog .hd, #VanisDialog .bd{
        > text-align: left;
        > }
        >
        > If your dialog isn't going to us an id (e.g. there will be multiple
        > dynamically created dialogs and you want a rule for all of them) you'd
        > use a selector like:
        >
        > .yui-dialog .hd, .yui-dialog .bd{
        > text-align: left;
        > }
        >
        > Ta,
        > ~Alexander
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vani_narayanasamee"
        > <vani_narayanasamee@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > How to align elements in a YUI dialog window?
        > > In my dialog window by default all elements are center aligned.
        > >
        > > Thanks in Advance!!

      • alexshusta
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2007
          Hey Vani,

          Yes, there absolutely is a way to align individual controls to the
          left and right. Create CSS selector rules that are applied to their id
          or class values.

          For example:
          .yui-dialog .bd{
          text-align: left;
          }
          .yui-dialog .bd input{
          float: right;
          }

          You can use CSS styles just as you normally would expect to. The
          import thing is to get your CSS selector started out correctly with
          ".yui-dialog"

          Also, if you're creating the dialog from existing markup, you can use
          inline style rules or tables to control the layout of your dialog.