Re: YUI Calendar, how to render an a week on a hover?

  • tonsrot
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      Unfortunately, that answer uses the deprecated Calendar_Core class.

      Does anyone know where the

      prependCssClass

      function went to, so I can replicate this using the more up to date yui?
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007

        Just wanted to point out that the example link is based on a fairly old version of Calendar [ 11.3 ], so if you're working with a more recent version of Calendar, you'll need to revisit the code in the over-ridden doCellMouseOver, doCellMouseOut methods, to make sure they're still compatible.

        For example, Calendar_Core has been deprecated, but you can use YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass, removeClass to modify the row element's CSS classes instead.

        You may also be able do this without over-riding the methods (so that it's not as susceptible to changes in the Calendar implementation) using domEventMap. http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Calendar.html#domEventMap and using the CSS class for selectable cells - Style.CSS_CELL_SELECTABLE

        Satyen

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tonsrot" <tonsrot@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tonsrot" tonsrot@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Trying to have the YUI calendar highlight the current week that it is
        > > currently hoving over, versus just the single date.
        > >
        > > Really stumped on where to really beginning. Anyone have any ideas?
        > >

        > bah, and I found it a hour later ;)
        >
        > For anyone interested:
        > http://www.culture.gov.sk/extras/yui/examples/calendar/row_highlight/index.html

      • Satyen Desai
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          Here's the domEventMap example:

          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v222/examples/calendar/domEventMap.html

          Ideally, this and the original example could be modified to be a
          little cleaner (and better performing) by not switching the TR CSS
          class for every TD mouseover/out but only when the row actually
          changes.

          Hope that helps,
          Satyen
        • tonsrot
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2007
            *picks jaw off floor*

            wow! That's awesome! That's pretty much exactly what I've been trying
            to do, thanks a ton for the help!