Re: YUI Calendar, how to render an a week on a hover?

  • tonsrot
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tonsrot" <tonsrot@...> wrote:

      > Trying to have the YUI calendar highlight the current week that it is
      > currently hoving over, versus just the single date.
      >
      > Really stumped on where to really beginning. Anyone have any ideas?

      bah, and I found it a hour later ;)

      For anyone interested:
      http://www.culture.gov.sk/extras/yui/examples/calendar/row_highlight/index.html
    • tonsrot
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        Unfortunately, that answer uses the deprecated Calendar_Core class.

        Does anyone know where the

        prependCssClass

        function went to, so I can replicate this using the more up to date yui?
      • Satyen Desai
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007

          Hi,

          Just wanted to point out that the example link is based on a fairly old version of Calendar [ 11.3 ], so if you're working with a more recent version of Calendar, you'll need to revisit the code in the over-ridden doCellMouseOver, doCellMouseOut methods, to make sure they're still compatible.

          For example, Calendar_Core has been deprecated, but you can use YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass, removeClass to modify the row element's CSS classes instead.

          You may also be able do this without over-riding the methods (so that it's not as susceptible to changes in the Calendar implementation) using domEventMap. http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Calendar.html#domEventMap and using the CSS class for selectable cells - Style.CSS_CELL_SELECTABLE

          Satyen

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007
            Here's the domEventMap example:

            http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v222/examples/calendar/domEventMap.html

            Ideally, this and the original example could be modified to be a
            little cleaner (and better performing) by not switching the TR CSS
            class for every TD mouseover/out but only when the row actually
            changes.

            Hope that helps,
            Satyen
          • tonsrot
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2007
              *picks jaw off floor*

              wow! That's awesome! That's pretty much exactly what I've been trying
              to do, thanks a ton for the help!